Who needs this course?
A wide variety of mechanical motions and actions may present hazards to the worker. These can include the movement of rotating members, reciprocating arms, moving belts, meshing gears, cutting teeth, and any parts that impact or shear. These different types of hazardous mechanical motions and actions are basic in varying combinations to nearly all machines, and recognizing them is the first step toward protecting workers from the danger they present. The basic types of hazardous mechanical motions and actions are: Motions – Rotating, In-Running Nip Points, Reciprocating and transverse motion and Actions of Cutting, Punching, Shearing and Bending
- Basic concepts, principles and methods of machine guarding
- Common causes and how to prevent them
- Proper personal protection equipment for each job
- How to determine what areas need a guard
- Creating tools to aid in machinery operation
This is required training but does not have a mandatory test for informational training.
This can be applied to OSHA 10 Hour General Industry certification and would require a quiz to demonstrate understanding.
* CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: In order to receive a refund for a course, you must notify the designated Employer Advantage instructor and withdraw from the class 5 business days prior to the training event. If a scheduled class has less than the minimum number of enrollees or weather conditions make travel unsafe, Employer Advantage will cancel the class and refund any fees previously paid by the enrollee. All refunds will be in the form of a check.
For Employer Advantage PEO clients, if you fail to withdraw an employee from a class at least 5 business days prior to the training event, you will be invoiced the non-client employee price.
Contact us if you have any questions, the dates for the course you are interested in are not currently showing, or if you would like group and onsite pricing. Thank you.
See If We're a Match!
Interested in a brief, over-the-phone meeting? A simple conversation allows us to create a free strategic needs assessment for your business.
- Free strategic assessment of your business needs
- Quick and easy account setup and seamless transitions
- For Urgent Requests, Call us Toll-Free at 877.958.9237