Cell Phone Policy
Who needs this course?
Employers should take the time to communicate their expectations regarding appropriate employee conduct to all employees. Workplace policies should be expressed as clearly and unambiguously as possible, should not discriminate against any employee or group of employees, and should be applied consistently and fairly by the employer.
Keep in mind that if the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) receives a credible complaint that an employer requires texting while driving or organizes work so that texting is a practical necessity, it will investigate and issue citations and penalties where necessary to end this practice.
- When are personal phone calls allowed
- Do phones need to be turned off while at work
- Frequent or lengthy phone calls are not acceptable as they may adversely affect the employee’s productivity and disturb others.
- Inappropriate conversations to have while at work
- Personal cell phones generally should not be used for business-related purposes unless a business-provided phone is not available.
- Employees should turn off ringers or change ringers to “mute” or “vibrate” during training, conferences and the like; when meeting with clients or serving customers; and if an employee shares a workspace with others.
- The use of cameras on cell phones during work time is prohibited to protect the privacy of the employer as well as of fellow employees.
This is a short employee informational orientation and does not carry any credit towards annual training requirements.
There is no testing required for this information course.
* CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: In order to receive a refund for a course, you must notify the designated Employer Advantage instructor and withdraw from the class 5 business days prior to the training event. If a scheduled class has less than the minimum number of enrollees or weather conditions make travel unsafe, Employer Advantage will cancel the class and refund any fees previously paid by the enrollee. All refunds will be in the form of a check.
For Employer Advantage PEO clients, if you fail to withdraw an employee from a class at least 5 business days prior to the training event, you will be invoiced the non-client employee price.
Contact us if you have any questions, the dates for the course you are interested in are not currently showing, or if you would like group and onsite pricing. Thank you.
Start with a simple conversation.
We’d be honored to provide you with a new path to HR Bliss.
- Free strategic assessment of your business needs
- Quick and easy account setup and seamless transitions
- Urgent Requests | Please Call: Toll Free 877.413.5899