By Lee Allphin, Employer Advantage Founder and Chairman of the Board
Employer Advantage is sharing important information to guide our clients through applying and receiving forgiveness for their Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans. Please contact us if you would like further assistance during the Coronavirus pandemic or with any of your other Employee Administration and Compliance responsibilities: Info@EmployerAdvantage.com | 877.476.9520
On February 22, 2021 President Biden announced several administrative changes to the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
A fact sheet from the White House can be found here: FACT SHEET: Biden-Harris Administration Increases Lending to Small Businesses in Need, Announces Changes to PPP to Further Promote Equitable Access to Relief | The White House
To assist businesses in understanding these new changes, here is a summary:
- Allows sole proprietors, independent contractors, and self-employed individuals to receive more financial support by revising the PPP’s funding formula for these categories of applicants.
- Establishes a 14-day, exclusive PPP loan application period for businesses and nonprofits with fewer than 20 employees.
- Eliminates an exclusionary restriction on PPP access for small business owners with prior non-fraud felony convictions, consistent with a bipartisan congressional proposal.
- Ensures access for non-citizen small business owners who are lawful U.S. residents by clarifying that they may use Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) to apply for the PPP.
- Eliminates PPP access restrictions on small business owners who have struggled to make federal student loan payments by eliminating federal student loan debt delinquency and default as disqualifiers to participating in the PPP.
We anticipate more guidance from the Biden administration soon. Here is a link to resources currently available: Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources (sba.gov)
Click here to see our other helpful “Blogs for All Employers”
Not currently an Employer Advantage client?
WE’D BE HONORED TO PROVIDE YOU WITH A NEW PATH TO HR BLISS.
We don’t just give quotes—We provide strategic business proposals.
-Free strategic assessment of your business needs
-Quick and easy account setup and seamless transitions
-Urgent Requests | Please Call: Toll Free 877.958.9237
About Employer Advantage
A New Path to HR Bliss – Trusted for more than 30 years, Employer Advantage frees you from the administrative and compliance burdens of having employees so you can focus on your business success. Versatile enough for companies of all sizes, our unique service combines comprehensive management of your employee administration and compliance with the latest software solutions, tailored to meet your individual needs and company culture. Our full-service management of HR, payroll, health and benefits, workplace safety, and more, enhances your profitability while reducing the costs and risks associated with employment law compliance. We provide your employees with top-notch assistance and benefits that help you increase productivity, save time and money, and attract and retain a talented workforce. And for small and mid-sized businesses, we bring you economy of scale with access to Fortune-500-level benefits, specialty assistance, and savings that would not be possible to attain on your own. Headquartered in the Midwest and serving more than 400 companies and 10,000 worksite employees throughout the country, Employer Advantage is an IRS-Certified Professional Employer Organization (PEO) (C-PEO). Experienced, certified, and trusted. www.EmployerAdvantage.com